- International arbitration and litigation
- International administrative law
- International trade and shipping
- International investment law
- Emerging markets
- Public international law
- Corporate and business law of Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan
Olga Kim is a lawyer from Central Asia, and specialises in international arbitration. Prior to joining Gentium Law Group, Olga spent two years at the leading regional law firm, where she worked as an Associate within the Trade and Commercial Practice in Uzbekistan, and later as a Co-Head of the same practice in Kazakhstan. She also worked at the Italian Embassy in Tashkent, fulfilling the roles of both translator and legal advisor at the Drug Liaison Office, which covers Central Asia and Azerbaijan. Her experience includes transactional law, litigation and international commercial and investment arbitration in Central Asia and the Caucasus.
Attorney-at-law, member of Tashkent Bar Association
LL.M. MIDS University of Geneva and Graduate Institute, 2011
MSc. CLEF International University College of Turin, 2011
LL.B. University of World Economy and Diplomacy of Tashkent, 2006
- Representing a leading Central Asian bank in arbitration proceedings in Switzerland.
- Advising an international law firm on legal aspects of licensing and operating under the laws of Turkmenistan in the framework of international construction arbitration.
- Acting as a local counsel for an investor in an ICSID arbitration against Uzbekistan.
- Acting as a local counsel for an investor in an ICSID arbitration against Turkmenistan.
- Advising a construction company on pre-arbitration proceedings regarding potential dispute in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a leading company constructing heavy machinery in Uzbekistan on challenging an arbitration award before the courts of Germany.
- Advising a major Uzbek food company on a number of contractual disputes.
- Advising an international oil company on pre-trial proceedings regarding its potential employment dispute in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a wide range of foreign investors and corporate entities operating and investing in Central Asia with projects ranging from small (less than USD 1 million) to large (up to USD 100 million).
- Advising the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector in relation to USD 75 million line of financing to Uzbek banks, conducting due diligence in respect of the five commercial banks.
- Advising a leading Uzbek company engaged in a retail business on legal aspects of entering into a number of franchise agreements with European retail companies.
- Advising clients regarding corporate structures, acquisitions, farm-outs, liquidations, reorganizations and bankruptcy in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
- Advising a leading international insurance company on issues of insurance law in Uzbekistan.
- Advising a wide range of FMCG companies on legal aspects of licencing, export and import regulation, custom and tax control, labeling, certification, e-commerce, wholesale and retail trade in Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.