Mining and minerals
Our team provides skilled and knowledgeable legal representation in litigation, arbitration and transactional services, as well as contractual work for oil, gas and mining companies.
Our representative matters include many significant disputes relating to the mining industry.
Our experience allows us to efficiently and effectively negotiate and document commercial and financial transactions and resolve disputes regarding the complex issues posed by environmental, water, public land, oil and gas, mining, and land use matters.
- Acting for a major Russian precious metals mining company in disputes with its financiers about withdrawal of funding for projects in the CIS.
- Acting for a Russian joint venture partner in a dispute arising out of defaults by its US counterpart in respect of commitments to exploit oil concessions in Western Africa.
- Advising a mining company on obtaining financing for a €250 million quarry development project in West Africa, and negotiating project and contractual documents; advising on international taxation issues.
- Representing a global mining conglomerate with Russian headquarters in a dispute with a rival international mining group over ownership of a multi-billion Dollar southern African precious metal concession.
- Representing a private individual and his family companies in a series of investments in the gold mining industry in two African states, including negotiations with prospective international financiers and investment banks.