Gentium Law Group works upon a variety of international and domestic political projects with clients from around the world. Members of the team have substantial experience in senior positions in international diplomacy and international relations. The firm’s managing partner is a non-resident senior fellow of the Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development, and works with a variety of political actors, particularly in the field of United Nations reform and the campaign to change the operation and functioning of the UN Security Council. We are active in the field of international policy and international diplomacy.
- Acting for a Russian media group in arbitration proceedings before the Chamber of Commerce of the Russian Federation arising out of a disputed joint venture agreement over a major Russian mobile telecommunications operator.
- Claim relating to fraudulent misprocurement of a state contract with a national port authority in a west-African post-conflict state; arbitration proceedings before the London Court of International Arbitration relating to payment of bribes, followed by advice and representation on legal proceedings before the High Court in London and enforcement proceedings in Washington, DC.
- Claim relating to judicial expropriation of real estate assets in the centre of a major Eastern European capital relating to inconsistent commercial and administrative proceedings pursued by differing political interests.
- Acting for a major Russian entrepreneur in a complaint of government expropriation of his assets; multiple proceedings in offshore jurisdictions as well as arbitral proceedings before the London Court of International Arbitration, worth US$250 million.
- Acting for the Government of the State of Kuwait in proceedings before the UN Compensation Commission, relating to clean-up costs after the First Gulf War.
- Representation of an international bank in the Balkans in a complaint before the European Court of Human Rights regarding judicial expropriation of property.