Our team has solid experience on a wide range of issues from banking and finance arbitration to litigation. We also provide legal advice on issues relating to financial services, especially trade finance and banking regulation and have dealt with all types of loan-related documentation including intercreditor agreements, interest rate option and swap agreements, collateral agency agreements, subordination agreements, purchase and sale agreements, letters of credit, etc.
We have conducted arbitration with regard to loan agreements, sovereign wealth funds and trade finance; and successfully represented private investors, banks and investment funds.
- Representation of Elektrim Finance B.V., an entity responsible for financing the now insolvent Polish telecommunications company, in ongoing litigation and arbitration proceedings between Vivendi, Deutsche Telekom and Elektrim in a dispute over ownership of the Polish Telecommunications Operator PTC, in a claim worth in excess of € 3 billion.
- Acting for a Russian construction financier in a US$120 million dispute over a Russian-Austrian joint venture to construct a shopping mall in eastern Russia.
- Acting for a major British-Australian bank in a regulatory dispute and litigation about fraudulent misselling of life insurance policies and pensions products.
- Acting for the vendors of a Russian beverages company in a US$140m M&A dispute with private equity buyers.
- Representing a private individual and his family companies in a series of investments in the gold mining industry in two African states, including negotiations with prospective international financiers and investment banks.
- Advising a West African country on sovereign lending in the value of €150 million for a comprehensive infrastructure development project; advising on sovereign risk and procurement issues, and transaction structure with a major British-based investment bank.
- Representing a Swiss-owned financial services company on corporate and regulatory issues in connection with establishment of a UK-based subsidiary.
- Advising a French company in connection with negotiation of international distributorship contracts governed by English law.
- Advising a Russian property conglomerate over security to be taken by an international bank in respect of corporate and other assets located in miscellaneous offshore jurisdictions including the BVI, Cyprus and Gibraltar.
- Representing a major Eastern European pharmaceutical distribution company on establishment of a Swiss trading presence, corporate, taxation, immigration and employment issues, and preparation of international sale and purchase contracts.
- Advising a Swiss-based family investment office on residential real estate investment and development projects in London; joint venture structure, shareholders’ agreement, international tax issues.
- Advising an English human resources company on establishing a presence in Switzerland, including corporate advice, relations with the administration, employment issues and domestic contractual issues.
- Advising a major CIS-based insurance company on international corporate restructuring in connection with threatened corporate raids.
- Representing a purchaser on Swiss bank escrow arrangements in relation to a €100 million company share purchase agreement for transfer of corporate assets located in the CIS.